Hướng dẫn học tốt Unit 5- Animal world
Mục tiêu bài học:
- Writing task 1: Mô tả sự thay đổi theo thời gian của biểu đồ cột, sử dụng cách viết theo trình tự, quản lý thời gian làm bài, tổ chức ý và sử dụng các cấu trúc câu so sánh.
- Vocabulary: học các từ vựng về các loài vật và những thói quen sinh hoạt của mỗi loài.
(Trang đầu Unit 5- Giáo trình Complete IELTS - căn bản)
I- Writing Task 1
Question 1: The charts below show information about animals and rainfall at the Nboro Nature Reserve
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.
1. Những câu bên dưới đúng (T) hay sai (F)
1. The charts give information about the number of zebras and buffalos and the amount of rain at the Nboro Nature Reserve between 2005 and 2011. (T)
2. In 2005, there were fewer zebras than buffalos, with 40 zebras and 50 buffalos. (F: There were 50 zebras and 40 buffalos)
3. From 2005 to 2011, the number of buffalos rose each year till it reached just under 120. (T)
4. On the other hand, the number of zebras fell to 75 in 2007 and then went up to 70 animals in 2009. (F: the number of zebras rose to 75 in 2007 and then fell to 70 in 2009)
5. The zebra population then increased again to reach about 85 in 2011. (T)
6. During the same period, there 1,000 millimetres of rain in 2005. (F: there were 650 mm of rain in 2005)
7. The amount rose to 1,1000 millimetres of rain in 2005. (T)
8. However, in 2011, 1,200 milimetres of rain fell. (T)
9. Overall, numbers of both animals have decreased over the six-year period, but the amount of rain appears to affect the number of zebras (F: numbers of animals have incresed)
10. When there is more rain, there more zebras. (T)
Question 2: The charts below show information about honey-bee colonies and honey production in the US.
Summaries the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisions where relavant.
The charts give information about the number of bee colonies in the United States and how much hney they produced between 1970 and 2010.
In 1970, there were 4,000,000 bee colonies in the country and this rose to approximately 4,200,000 in 1980. However, over the next 30 years this number decreased by more than a million every ten years with the result that in 2010, there were about 1,800,000 colonies left.
During the same period, the amount of honey which the colonies produced also dropped. In 1970, American bees produced 130,000 tons of honey. This fell by 20,000 tons to 110,000 tons in 1980. However, in the next ten years, honey prduction rose to 120,000 tons in 1980. it then dropped to just 70,000 tons in 2010.
Overall, the charts show that both the number of colonies and the amount of honey which bees make have fallen during the 40-year period. However, the relationship is not an exact one because when colonies increased in 1980, honey production fell, while when colonies decreased in 1990, honey production rose.
Bài thực hành của học viên CEP
The bar chart give datas about the number of honey bee hives and the amount of products from bee honey in America from 1970 to 2010.
It is clearly seen that two opposite trends between two column charts in the period of 3 years (1970 – 1990). In 1970, there was a 4 millions of US honey bee‘s nest and 130,000 tonnes of honey production. The figure of bee flocks was increased slightly in 1980 and was decreased substantially in 1990 at over 4,5 millions and 3,5 millions respectively. In contrast, during the same time, the quantity of honey bee colonies was dropped considerably at 110,000 tonnes before rose moderately again at 120,000.
In the next 20 years, there was a gradual increase of both paragraphs. In details, the number of honey bee hives went down to under 2 millions when the amount of US honey production was decline sharply at 70,000 in 2010.
Sửa lỗi sai bởi Ce Phan
1. "bar chart" - sửa lại thành: "bar charts"
2. "products from bee honey" - sửa lại thành "honey bee"
3. "was a 4 millions" - sửa lại thành "were 4 millions"
4. "the quantity of honey bee colonies" - "the honey production"
5. "of both paragraphs" - sửa lại thành "in both number of American bees and amount of honey production"
Biên soạn: Ce Phan