Hướng dẫn học tốt Unit 17 - The body clock (Phần 1)
Đây là bài hướng dẫn đầu tiên trong một loạt 3 bài mà Ce Phan sẽ gửi tới các bạn. Bài này sẽ tập trung nhiều vào kỹ năng nói (Speaking part 1) và kỹ năng Đọc (Reading).
(Ảnh đại minh họa Unit 17- - The body clock, giáo trình Objective IELTS)
I. Thực hành nói (Speaking part 1)
Sử dụng các từ vựng được gựi ý bên dưới để trả lời các câu hỏi sau:
Từ vựng gợi ý:
It depends on what Ive going the night before .....
It's difficult to say because I ....
As far as getting enough sleep is concerned, I ...
On the one hand I think that it's good that shops a 24/7. But, you could argue that ...
I get up early but, in spite of this, I ...
- what time in the morning would you get up if you could choose?
If I could choose, I'd get up about 10.30.
- what are you like in the morning - chatty, friendly, grummpy or totally silent?
It depends - sometimes I'm really chatty and other times I can be terribly grumpy.
- Tell me about your typical routine in the week and at weekends.
I usually get up about 7:30 in the week, but at weekends it varies - it depends on what I need to do that day. I go to bed about 10 in the week and often at weekends, too. I can never get enough sleep.
- Do you ever go shopping late at night? why, or why not?
I never go shopping late at night- what a waste time!
- Do you think your country is becomming more of a 24/7 society?
Yes I think my country is so keen on shopping that people want to do it any time of the day or night. But you could argue that for some people it's really necessary, so why not?
II. Thực hành đọc (Reading)
1. Thực hành đọc skimming và trả lời 2 câu hỏi sau:
- why do we have a body clock?
- what are a "lark" and an "owl"? which are you?
2. Thực hành đọc và trả lời các câu hỏi sau:
Thực hành với dạng câu hỏi: True/ False/ Not given
1. There is a greater demand at night for some services than for others.
2. People who are kept in isolation show some reaction to day and night.
3. Damage caused by working against the body's natural rhythms in limited to our bodies.
4. In prehistoric times, people's biological clocks probably controlled their lives.
5. Larks are more likely be ill than owls.
Thực hành với dạng câu hỏi Matching
6. Our internal body clock
7. A lark
8. Jet lag
A. can be altered over time.
Biên soạn: Ce Phan