Những câu hỏi về chủ đề Học tiếng Anh cũng là một phần thường thấy trong bài thi IELTS Speaking bên cạnh những chủ đề khác như: Du lịch, Văn hóa, Giáo dục ... nói chung. Bài hướng dẫn này là một phần trong chủ đề Study English with Passion mà Ce Phan đang biên soạn trong tuần này cho học viên và được đăng tải trên Hệ thống học tiếng Anh Timeline Learning.
Bài viết này là những câu hỏi được sưu tầm và những cụm từ hữu ích được gợi ý bên cuối bài viết. Ce Phan sẽ lần lượt gợi ý trả lời cho từng câu hỏi hoặc sẽ trả lời mẫu một số câu trong danh sách những câu hỏi bên dưới.
(Hình ảnh các bạn sinh viên thực hành tiếng Anh tại CEP, năm 2014)
Part 1 – sample questions
- Which languages do you speak?
- Do you think it’s important for children to learn a foreign language?
- When did you start learning a foreign language?
- Do you enjoy learning languages?
- What activity do you find most useful for learning English?
- What do you find most difficult about learning English?
- Are there any other languages you would like to learn in the future?
Part 2 – sample task card
Describe a conversation you had which was important to you.
You should say:
- when the conversation took place
- who you had the conversation with
- what the conversation was about
and explain why the conversation was important to you.
Part 3 – sample questions
- What are the main differences between spoken and written communication?
- To what extent do you think the media influences how people communicate with each other?
- Do you think there are differences in the way men and women communicate?
- Do you think that people become better communicators as they get older?
- Do you agree that education has a strong and positive effect on people’s ability to communicate effectively?
- What impact has the growth of technology had on the way people communicate and how do you think this will develop in the future?
Từ vựng hữu ích
Modern forms of communication
- speaking / talking / chatting face-to-face
- speaking / talking / chatting on the phone / by mobile phone / by skype
- sending a text message/an SMS / texting
- sending / writing an email
- using an electronic messaging service
- social networking
Non-verbal forms of communication
- using body language
- using sign language
- using hand gestures / signals
- using facial expressions
- Give me a call/ring/bell/buzz
- Call / ring / phone me
- Send me a text / an email / a whatsapp
- Text me / email me
- Drop me a line
- Keep me posted
- Let me know
- Keep / stay in touch
- I’ll be in touch
Other forms of communication
- making / giving a speech
- speaking in public / public speaking
- giving a lecture / lecturing
- giving a seminar / presentation
- giving / having / conducting an interview
- having / maintaining a dialogue/conversation/discussion
- having an argument
Reasons for communicating
- giving a demonstration / demonstrating
- giving instructions / instructing
- asking for/giving directions / directing
- asking for/giving advice / advising
- making a complaint / complaining
- making small talk / building social relations / exchanging pleasantries
- exchanging/defending/challenging views/opinions
- requesting/supplying information
- gossiping / spreading rumours
Effective communication skills
- maintaining eye-contact
- projecting your voice
- varying your intonation
- punctuating your sentences
- emphasizing / repeating key words
- engaging the listener
- asking rhetorical questions
- using discourse markers
Những cụm từ đệm trước khi đưa qua quan điểm của mình
- In my view…
- In my opinion…
- From my point of view…
- In my experience/case…
- As I see it…
- Personally, I think…
- I believe / feel that…
- For me personally…
- As far as I’m concerned…
Câu trả lời mẫu
Do you think that people become better communicators as they get older?
I think that people’s ability to communicate does improve with age because generally speaking, people get more confident as they gain more experience of life and I believe that confidence is a major factor. On the other hand, some people may become more self-conscious as they got older, particularly when they reach certain stages in their life such as adolescence. For me personally, I feel that I’m a better communicator now than when I was younger.