Bên dưới đây là những câu hỏi liên quan tới chủ đề Du học, Du lịch và Nhập cư (Studying, Travelling and living abroad) mà các em hay gặp trong các bài thi cũng như giáo trình học IELTS Speaking Part 2.
Chủ đề này được Ce Phan biên soạn đầy đủ với nhiều loại bài học được đăng tại chủ đề Starting somewhere new (Bắt đầu ở một miền đất mới) và giới thiệu tại hệ thống học tiếng Anh Timeline Learning.
Câu 1: 'a foreign country you want to visit but haven’t been to'
Describe a foreign country you want to visit but haven’t been to.
You should say:
- where this place is
- what it is like
- what you can do in this country
and explain why you want to visit the country.
Câu trả lời mẫu:
The country that I have always wanted to go but have not visited yet is Canada. I’ve been dreaming to visit there for more than 2-3 years. Canada has lots of picturesque landscapes and it also has a varied culture.
Canada boasts that it is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. For example, Vancouver is located right on the ocean, and there are enormous snow-tipped mountains surrounding the entire city. There are a multitude of beautiful parks to walk through, and very nice beaches. Besides, all across the country there are small, picturesque towns located on mountains and valleys. In general, Canada is an incredibly clean country, which also helps its beauty.
Another reason I want to go there is to attend one of the universities there for my bachelor’s degree. I think that it would be an excellent idea to go see the school, and perhaps even meet some of the professors that teach the courses I am interested in. It would also be beneficial for me to meet other students.
Câu 2: 'a foreign country you have planned to visit'
Describe a foreign country you have planned to visit.
You should say:
- Where the country is
- When you are planning to visit there
- Why you have planned to go there
And give details of your planning to visit the country.
Những ý tưởng gợi ý:
I have been planning to visit this country for a long.
- I will go there with my friends /family members and all of us looking forward to be there.
- We have surf internet to know about the interesting and famous tourists spots there and we have a rough planning about the places we will visit and the things we will do there.
- One of our relatives stay there and that's why it would be easier for us to get help there.
- This is already a famous tourist’s destination and we will stay there for more than 2 weeks so that we can extensively travel there.
- We are attracted about the culture and custom of this country and would definitely enjoy our stay.
- As part of our planning to visit this country we have already done a rough estimation and planned our budget for it.
- We have heard about this country and their culture and tourists spots.
Câu 2: 'foreign culture' topic
Describe a foreign culture that you like.
You should say
- what culture it is and how you know about it
- what differences there are between that culture and your own
- and why you like that foreign culture.
Những ý tưởng gợi ý:
1. Which culture and how I know about it
I'm going to talk about France and French culture. I know France quite well because it was the first foreign country that I visited as a child. I've been on several family holidays there, and I lived and worked in Paris for a while after finishing university.
2. Cultural differences
The first thing that comes to mind when I think about France is the bread! I love the fact that French people buy fresh baguettes every morning, usually from small local bakeries or 'patisseries'; it makes a change from the loaves of sliced bread that most of us buy from the supermarket here in the UK. One slightly negative difference I noticed in Paris is that Parisians don't seem to make friends with their work colleagues to the same extent as we do here.
3. What I like about it
I really like the café culture in France. You can always find somewhere interesting to sit and have a coffee and chat to friends or just watch the world go by. I actually put on a bit of weight when I lived in France because I got into a habit of having a croissant or a cake in every nice café that I found. Another thing I could mention is that the last time I went to France on holiday, I played a game called ‘boules’ every day. The game consists in throwing metal balls as close to a target ball as possible. It’s the perfect game for a relaxing afternoon when the weather’s hot.
Ghi chú: Bạn nên đưa thêm ví dụ minh họa của bạn vào phần trả lời bên cạnh những ý tưởng trên
Nguồn tham khảo: IELTS-Simon, IELTS-cuecards
Biên soạn: Ce Phan